Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Flames at dark

Hello all,
This is kind of my first job and I dearly seek opinions on this. Thanks.
Ali

I see flames in my night
And through plume, sketches of the ruins behind;
Ears must be uncovered
to hear crack of bones in tomb.

Took a while,
My room empty remained,
my lantern deprived of light.

But…

Sleep took my soul-guard,
steps ambled in, quiet,
killed the darkness by light
but were unaware,
flare dazzles eyes at night.

My soul remained leaned to the dark,
but with my crumpled eyes
I see, awaking my mild dream,
the flaming blaze in my night.

By Sohrab Sepehri


روشن است آتش درون شب
وز پس دودش
طرحی از ویرانه های دور.
گر به گوش آید صدایی خشک:
استخوان مرده ای می لغزد درون گور.

درگاهی ماند اجاقم سرد
و چراغم بی نصیب از نور.

خواب دربان را به راهی برد.
بی صدا آمد کسی از در،
در سیاهی آتشی افروخت.
بی خبر اما،
که نگاهی در تماشا سوخت.
گرچه می دانم که چشمی راه دارد با فسون شب،
لیک می بینم ز روزن های خوابی خوش،
آتشی روشن درون شب.

از سهراب سپهری

1 comment:

Shaharzad said...

wow, Ali!! wonderful. congratulations! keep up!